Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sunshine State

It may be Wednesday for the rest of you, but today is Friday for me! That's right, I'm headed down south for some serious rest & relaxation. Goodbye 50 and raining, hello 85 and sunny. Going away on vacation always presents a problem: what to pack? I am keeping it simple since I will be staying with my 83 year old grandmother, hitting the beach, and hopefully some flea markets; and I've got to fit it all in a carry-on bag! Here are the things that can get me through the weekend without skimping on style:


This James Perse Floor Length Racerback Dress can take me from the airplane to the Country Club, paired with my favorite Havaianas or these amazing Miss Sixty Flip Flops. To hit the beach, I'm bringing my trusty Red Carter Mirage Bikini which is super cute, and can be mixed and matched with just about any other solid color! And I can't forget the SPF - this trip I will be slathering on Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Body Mist SPF 45 and shading my face with this Spillane Straw Fedora from Urban Outfitters since we all know wrinkles don't go with anything....

Some beach chic photos for inspiration:



{Images via Marie Clare}

No comments:

Post a Comment