Thursday, June 11, 2009

Trendsetter - Gladiator Sandals

I was in a rush to get ready for work this morning, and in the process came up with an outfit I was surprisingly pleased with. I don't have a photo, so you will just have to take my word for it :) Said outfit included a vintage white dress, belt, grandpa cardigan and a new pair of gladiator sandals. I know, I know what you are thinking. This trend has been here for awhile, but it is still on point. I hope it is here to stay, but time will only tell....

I will admit, I have more than one pair. You could say I am 'invested' in this trend:) Either flat or high heeled, the gladiator trend makes a seriously bold statement. Worn with a flowy maxi dress they toughen up an otherwise girly look. They add a bit more edge to the clean lines of a pant and blazer combo. The flat variety really are a dream for those of us slightly averse to the rubber flip flop trend taking over the world. Haviana's are great, but gladiators are even better.

Even this vintage Who What Wear Daily post discusses the gladiator shoe, and it is ancient! Well, 2007 ancient. There is some serious longevity to this look.






A pair from Balenciaga circa Feb '09


Mary Kate doesn't mess around.

What I want to know is this: what did we do before the gladiator??? For me it was jellies and salt water sandals........

No comments:

Post a Comment